Choosing the perfect dental crown is a part of ensuring that your smile will function properly for many years to come. Even teeth that have been broken into bits can be saved with a properly placed dental crown. Listed below are important facts regarding dental crowns:
– Dental crowns are can repair or restore old dental procedures, including capping bridges, implants, and root canals.
– Crowns can add an additional layer of fortification to your teeth by fully covering a tooth on all sides above the gum line.
– Crowns can be used to conceal dental fillings. In some cases, crowns can hold teeth in place that need fillings but too little tooth remains.
– A single dental crown can last for over 20 years, or in some cases, an entire lifetime.
– Crowns can be used to repair broken teeth, including binding together bits of broken teeth.
– Crowns can restore the look of a tooth, since they are customized to each tooth’s needs. They can also be shaded to blend in with the natural color of your teeth.
To learn more about restoring damaged teeth, including using crowns, contact Bruce W. Smith DDS at 713-529-4364. Come visit Dr. Smith and our team at our dentist office in Houston, Texas by booking an appointment at your earliest convenience. Let us help you find your full smile.