Bruce W. Smith, DDS
Dr. Smith, the gentle cosmetic dentist in Houston, Texas, has been honored with OutSmart Magazine’s Favorite Dentist award since 2000. He has also been named as a “Top Dentist” in Houston by H Texas Magazine.
Public Health Service
Between completing dental school and beginning his Houston practice in 1981, Dr. Smith worked with the United States Public Health Service National Health Service Corps.
This experience, when coupled with his interest and background in microbiology, laid a strong foundation for particular concern with sterilization and infection control within his practice, and eventually led him to lecture and publish both nationally and internationally on universal infection precautions in dentistry.
- American Dental Association
- Greater Houston District Dental Society
- Southwestern Society of Oral Medicine
- Texas Dental Association
- Seattle Study Club
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
Charitable & Public Health Concerns
Throughout his professional life, Dr. Smith has remained committed to many charitable and public health concerns.
He founded. and for five years chaired. the Infectious Hazards Committee for the Houston District Dental Society; and in 1987, he was a co-founder of the Bering Dental Clinic, was a Member-at-Large for the Bering Community Service Foundation, and also for the Bering Omega Foundation.
- 1975: Bachelor of Science degree in biology and chemistry from the University of Texas at Arlington
- 1979: Doctorate of Dental Surgery at the University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio
- 1979: Lieutenant in United States Public Health Service
- 1981: Established private practice in Montrose area of Houston
- 1982: Began international lectures in infection control in dentistry
- 1983: Founder and Chair of Infectious Hazards Committee, Houston District Dental Society
- 1987: Co-founded the Bering Dental Clinic
- 1988: Consultant in infection control, University of Texas School of Public Health
- 1988: Member-at Large for the Bering Community Service Foundation
Samuel Carrell, DDS
Dr. Samuel Carrell is a Houston native and is excited to join Dr. Smith’s practice. He received his B.S. in biology at the University of Texas at Austin. Dr. Carrell graduated from the University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston. Dr. Carrell was involved in many organizations throughout dental school and earlier and served as President of Houston’s chapter of the American Student Dental Association, working to advocate for patients and the dental profession. He remains active in the Greater Houston Dental Society, the Texas Dental Association and the American Dental Association. Dr. Carrell is committed to expanding his skills through continuing education so that he may treat his and Dr. Smith’s patients with the best and most current treatment methods.